The best thing about QuickBooks is that it Offers Customization. You can customize the software as per your industry and business requirements. Doing this saves a lot of time and it streamlines your business activities. You can customize company reports, functionalities as per your business needs. You can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1866-644-7717 for any type of assistance regarding setting up preferences in QuickBooks. Here in this article, we will discuss How To Set Up QuickBooks Preferences.
How Do I Set Up Preferences In QuickBooks?
Follow the below steps in order to set up preferences in QuickBooks :
- Open QuickBooks
- Select the Edit menu and click on Preferences.
- From the left side of the menu click a preference category in the list.
- From the My Preferences tab for the area, you select you can modify the changes and settings as per your requirement. This modification is only for your QB session and not for other users.
- If you are the QuickBooks Administrator then you can change the company preferences which will affect all users. Only Admin can change company preferences.
- Choose one of the following:
- Click OK If you want to save your changes and close the Preferences window.
- Choose another category to enter preferences for another area of QuickBooks.
How To Fix QuickBooks Preferences Issues?
Before starting to take any steps to troubleshoot the issue create a backup of the company file. If your preferences are not working and your report templates are damaged then follow the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks on your system.
- Select the Edit menu and then click Preferences.
- Open the left pane to Select Reports & Graphs.
- Click on the Company Preferences tab and then click on the Format
- In the Report Format Preferences window:
- Select the Header or Footer tab and then choose Revert.
- Select the Fonts & Numbers tab and then choose Revert.
- Select OK.
If the issue still exists then you can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support for more information and assistance.
What Can You Modify in Company Preferences In QuickBooks?
Only the Administrator has the rights to make any changes in QuickBooks Company Preferences. Below we have mentioned the things that an admin can change in company preferences:
- Summary Reports Basis: It decides whether the reports in QuickBooks will be in Accrual basis or Cash basis. Mostly it uses summary reports but the independent transactions, 1099 reports or sales tax liability reports are not affected by it.
- Aging Reports: It checks the number of delay days on a company report that tracks unpaid invoices or bills. All the delayed reports account receivable and account payable graphs are affected by this preference.
- Age from due date: The overdue days are displayed on the invoice, statement or bill.
- Age from transaction date: The overdue days begin on the creation date of the invoice, statement or the date of receiving of bills.
- Format: You can change the appearance of the report by using this option. A Report Format Preferences window open up When you click Format button which allows you to customize Header or Footer & Fonts and Numbers on QuickBooks reports
- Reports: It displays items by the name of the items. If you want to display account numbers in your reports then click on Name and Description or Name
- The Classify button: you can reclassify accounts for Statement of Cash Flows report with the use of this button.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Preferences?
You can dial QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1866-644-7717 to get any type of assistance for setting preferences in QuickBooks. Our QuickBooks Error Support service is available 24×7 all across the globe so you don’t have to panic or hamper your workflow. Our QuickBooks Technical Support team has certified technicians who know every detail of QuickBooks and they can fix any QuickBooks in no time. As an alternative method, you can also seek assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.