QuickBooks is the most promising accounting software for small and middle-size business organizations. QuickBooks allows many users to work on the same file simultaneously. This feature saves a lot time & money and it increases productivity of the users. But sometimes the QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server due to technical issues. Here in this article, we will know about the causes of the error and method to fix it. You can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 anytime for any type of assistance.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server?
There are various causes due to which QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Multi-user mode is not configured in the server.
- Firewall and/or third party application is hindering the connectivity between the server and workstation
- Improper Network or Internet connection issues
- The IP address used is changed to dynamic IP
- Improper configuration of Network sharing settings and folder permissions.
You can contact QuickBooks POS Support to rectify the above-mentioned errors as soon as possible.
How To Fix QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server Error?
There are several methods to resolve QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect To Server Issue. You can follow the below solutions to resolve the error:
Solution 1: Make Sure Your Server Is In Multi-User Mode
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Click Switch Company Files to Multi-User Mode First. If the server is currently in the multi-user mode, switch it to single user mode and switch back to multi-user mode to refresh the system.
If the error does not resolved then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Turn Network Discovery On
- Open Control Panel and then choose Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Change Advanced Sharing Settings from the left pane.
- Next, Expand the current network profile marked with the words Current Profile on the right-hand side of its name.
- In the Network discovery section, click Turn on network discovery.
- Expand the All Networks category in settings.
- Go to Password Protected Sharing area and click on the Turn Off Password Protected Sharing option.
- Exit the settings window properly.
Solution 3: Set Up The Folder Permissions
- Right-click on the company folder on your server and click on Properties.
- Choose the Sharing tab.
- Select the Advanced Sharing option and click Share this folder.
- Select Permissions and then hit Add.
- Type in QBPOSdbsrvuser and then press OK.
- Choose QBPOSdbsrvuser and select Full Control from the option. Give Full Control permission to Everyone and Services user group.
- Click Apply and OK.
Solution 4: Rename the WSActivity file
- Go to the folder where WSActivity file is saved.
- Right-click the WSActivity file and click Rename.
- Rename the file to OLDWSActivity.
Turn of Point Of Sale in all the workstation and reopen to verify if the issue is resolved. If the error exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Configure the Network Firewall
- Configure the Network Firewall on your system as it can block the connectivity.
Solution 6: Edit the Windows Hosts File
- You can edit the window hosts file to resolve the issue.
Reach for Technical Support
The above-mentioned solutions will resolve the QuickBooks server connectivity issue. If you require any help to troubleshoot the issue then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-210-5289. Our technicians are very skilled to sort out any type of QuickBooks issues in quick time.