Are you looking for solutions to QuickBooks Error 80070057? Then you have come to the right place as we are going to discuss the causes of the error and methods to resolve it. QuickBooks is a very advanced and smart accounting tool which eases your accounting tasks. Business owners have benefitted a lot due to this accounting software. While using this software there are chances that you may face errors. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one such issue. When you open QuickBooks, it shows the below messages:
- Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect
- You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files in the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored.
You can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to resolve such errors instantly. Here in this article, we will discuss the causes and methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057.
How QuickBooks Error 80070057 Does Occur?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 occurs due to below-mentioned reasons:
- When you try to open the company file by double-clicking.
- When you open a file and the system is not connected to the network.
- Any type of anti-virus or firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks.
- There is data damage in the company file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Some of the major methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 are mentioned below:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks As Administrator
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the program icon.
- Choose Run as administrator.
Check if the issue is resolved or not. If the issue exists then move to the next solution.
Method 2: Log In QuickBooks And The Open QuickBooks
- Press the Windows Start button and then click All Programs > QuickBooks.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks that you want to open.
- If the company file does not open then choose Company file and then click Open
Method 3: Move The Company File Folder To Local Drive.
You need to move your company file to Local Drive (i.e. C: Drive) so that all computer to the system can access the file. After moving the file to the local drive, check if the issue is resolved or not. If the issue exists then move to the next solution.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks To Its Latest Release
Update QuickBooks to the latest release can fix the error. Follow the below steps to do it:
- Open QuickBooks > Help menu
- Click the Update QuickBooks tab.
- Next click on Update Now tab to update QuickBooks to its latest version.
Method 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor repairs the common issues of the QuickBooks applications. You can download and install QuickBooks File Doctor to repair damage in QuickBooks if any.
Method 6: Manually Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Step 1: Rename the .nd file
- Search and Open the folder that has the company file.
- Find the corresponding .nd file of your company file and right-click on it to Rename it.
- Type in .old at the end of the file name. (like MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old)
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager To Rescan Your File
- Press Windows Key in your keyboard and type Database Server Manager in the search bar.
- Click on Add Folder to display the Browse Folder window.
- Select the folder containing the company file.
- Click Ok and then press Scan option.
- Once the scan is finished, reopen the QuickBooks file and check if the issue is resolved.
If the QuickBooks Error 80070057 is not resolved then move to the next solution.
Method 7: Configure your Firewall Software
Configure the firewall software of your computer as mentioned below to resolve the issue:
- Open Firewall and Internet security in your computer and check the latest updates and network access.
- Perform the on-screen instructions on your firewall to allow internet access to the QuickBooks files on all computer.
- Follow the process step by step to set up your firewall in order to allow Internet access to the QuickBooks files on every system.
How To Get Technical Support?
You can dial toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to contact our experts who can resolve your QuickBooks issues in quick time. Our experts are available all the time for your assistance. Our technicians are very skilled and seasoned as they deal with all types of QuickBooks issues on a daily basis. You can also seek step by step guidance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.