QuickBooks Software is used for Accounting solutions but it can also run into some issues and errors. These errors can slow down your productivity and waste your time. One such error is QuickBooks Error -6190, -816. It is a very common error faced by QuickBooks users and today we will discuss why and how the QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 occurs and how it can be resolved so you can get back to maintain your accounting records.
Sometimes, the company file and also the transaction log file mismatch and then it makes the company files corrupt. The QB data of your organization is risked in a situation like this and there is a very high possibility that you may lose it. In such a case, it is recommended to call our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1800-210-5289. Our technical support executives will take care of the issue from there or you can also follow the steps which we will mention below.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error -6190, -816
There are two main reasons for this error to show up on your computer system and they are
- Your company file is in a single user mode and another user has already logged in.
- This error also occurs if a QBW file is being updated on another workstation without the .TLG file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6190, -816?
There are many ways to solve the QuickBooks Error -6190, -816. Follow the steps which are mentioned below to resolve the error.
Method 1: Use The QuickBooks Doctor Tool
- Download and install the “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool.
- Open the tool.
- To continue you must be logged in as an Administrator.
- If you are not logged in as an administrator, then the tool will guide you to do so.
- Now, you will have to choose from the following options
- Both file harm and network connectivity
- Network connectivity only.
- Choose the first one because it will recognize corrupted or damaged files and will assist to resolve the QB Error -6190, -816.
- Now, the tool will request for a password. To continue type in your Admin password.
- QuickBooks Doctor Recovery Tool will now ask whether the company file is saved on the Computer system or then Server.
- Choose “Yes” if you’re using the company documents on your server and “No” if using from Computer System.
- Tap on the Continue button to proceed.
If you are still facing the same error, then proceed on to the next method.
Method 2: In This Method, You Will Need To Rename Your Company File
Note: Renaming the file does not cause any data loss.
- First of all, you will need to open up the QuickBooks company files.
- Now, search the company file. The transaction file and company file will have the same name but different extensions.
- Now, right click on the selected files to choose the rename option and change the name of the company file without changing the extension of any file.
- Repeat the previous step with the transaction log file.
- Restart the computer system.
- Now, open QuickBooks and try to login in the QuickBooks company file.
Method 3: Single Mode User Environment
If you are still stuck with the error, then try using this method.
- First of all, check whether all the users have logged out of the QuickBooks Data file if not then make sure to do so.
- Now, restart the computer system.
- Then copy the data file to the desktop or to another location from the folder which contains the files.
- Now, copy the files back to its primary location.
- Sign in into QuickBooks.
Get QuickBooks Customer Support
If you are not able to access your company files and if there is still a mismatch that is causing the QB Error Code -6190, -816 in your computer system which you are not able to solve, then give us a call at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and our customer care executives will guide you to ease with their professional on-call assistance to solve any error that you are facing.
Submit your review