QuickBooks is the one-stop accounting solution for managing business and finance among small and medium-size business organizations. More than 80% of the small business organizations use this advanced accounting software. Sometimes errors and issues can appear on your system that could bring disaster to your business. QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 is one such error. Whenever this error appears then QuickBooks stops working. It is advised to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 in order to resume your work at the earliest. You can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 for your assistance. Here in this article, we are going to discuss symptoms and causes of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 and methods to resolve it.
What Are The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
When the error occurs in the system then various symptoms appear on the screen:
- The QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 is displayed on your screen.
- The error crashes the active program running on the system.
- The operating system runs slowly and freezes frequently
- The Windows responds slowly to input devices like mouse or keyboard.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
Several causes are responsible for QuickBooks Error Code 6122 82. Some of the major causes responsible for the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 you below:
- Use of multiple versions of the QuickBooks on the single computer.
- There is an issue with the settings of internet security or Firewall.
- QuickBooks.TLG (Transaction Log File) or.ND (Network Data) files are damaged.
- The user permission has been disabled to share the company file.
You can contact QuickBooks Error Support to fix the above-mentioned causes resulting QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
There are many solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82. Some of the major solutions are listed below:
Solution 1: Set The User Permission
You can follow the below steps to set the user permission:
- Open QuickBooks and click on Company > Users.
- Click on Set Up Users and Roles.
- Enter the password to access the information.
- Go to the user list Now and choose the username.
- Modify the role as per the requirement.
Solution 2: Windows Error Repair Tool
- Download and install the window application tool.
- Open the application.
- Click on Scan Now to detect the errors and deviations.
- Click on Repair All tofix all the issues.
Solution 3: Rename.TLG and .ND Files
- Open QuickBooks and Press F2 to know the location of the Company files in QuickBooks.
- Go to the company files location and search for.TLG and.ND files.
- Next, right-click on the files and click on the Rename option.
- Type OLD at the end of these files.
- Sign to the QuickBooks software again.
If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Repair Your Windows Registry
- Press the Windows Start button and type command in the search bar.
- Hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard and then press ENTER.
- A permission dialog box will open. Click on Yes.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will open. Type Regedit and then press Enter.
- Select the Error 6144 82 related file in the Registry Editor.
- From the File menu clicks Export and choose the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup keys.
- select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save In the list.
- Enter a name for your backup file in the File Name box.
- Make sure that the Selected branch is selected in the Export Range box.
- Click on Save And save the file with .reg extension.
- Now you have a backup of your QuickBooks-related registry entry.
Get Technical Support
Hopefully, now you understand the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82. You can follow the above-mentioned steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144,82. If the error is unable to resolve even after following the above solutions then you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to troubleshoot the error in instantly. There are many methods to reach us. The best way is to dial QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. As an alternative, you can also ask for assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our QuickBooks Customer Support is available 24×7 for your service so that your business does not hamper due to QuickBooks related issues.