QuickBooks is an ultimate accounting tool to manage your accounting and financial needs. There are scenarios when QuickBooks can sometimes malfunction due to some issues but worry not as these software issues are fixable and can be fixed quickly. QuickBooks Error -6000, -78 is one such error that can bother you and can interfere with your work.
While opening the QuickBooks company files you can get this error on your system screen. Try to open the company file again after closing QuickBooks software. This may work for you but if the situation is more complicated, call us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 which is available 24×7 to serve our QuickBooks users.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000-78?
- If the company file can be found on an external storage, instead of a network or local drive then the QuickBooks -6000, -78 Error can arise.
- If the permissions granted to the folder which contains the company files is incorrect then this error can appear on your screen.
- If QuickBooks can not open the company file by referencing a mapped drive.
Note: If your QuickBooks Company File is stored on an external drive then move/save it in your local hard disk.
Follow The Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -78
Method 1: Download And Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Intuit has developed QuickBooks File Doctor utility to fix all the common errors and issues that pop-up on QB user screens.
The QuickBooks File Doctor tool is very basic and can’t solve each and every error. If the QuickBooks File Doctor tool can’t resolve the error, you can always call our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and our technical experts will resolve the error.
Method 2: Change The Name Of .TLG File And .ND File:
In this step, we are going to rename the .TLG and.ND are configuration files. These files permit QB Desktop for accessing the company data file(s) whether they are in a network or in a multi-user mode.
When opening QuickBooks Desktop, the Corrupted and damaged .ND or.TLG files can cause the QuickBooks error -6000, -78. You can choose to change the name of these files as that does not cause any data loss. Both the .ND and .TLG files are automatically regenerated when you open the company file or scan the company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM).
To change your file name, follow the steps:
- Double-click on the folder that contains your company file.
- Search for the files which have the same name as your company file. But they will have the extensions.ND and.TLG.
Example: mycompany_file.qbw.nd, mycompany_file.qbw.tlg
- Right Click .nd/.tlg file and choose the Rename option. Now insert the word “.old” after the file extension and hit enter.
Example: mycompany_file.qbw.nd.OLD, mycompany_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
This can resolve the QuickBooks -6000, -78 Error if not then try the next method which is the Method 3.
Method 3: Copy The QB Company File On A Desktop:
Another alternative to perform this task is by copying the file on the desktop and opening it from there. This should be performed only when you are facing issues with the location of your QuickBooks Company Files.
If the file successfully opens while it is on the desktop then that indicates that the location of the company file was damaged or corrupted. In some cases, the system path for the file is very large and it exceeds the path limitation. If the file did not open after moving it to the desktop, then that indicates that the file is damaged.
- Double-click on the folder that has your company file.
- Look for the file with the extension of.QBW.
- Right-click on the file then choose Copy.
- Head to desktop, press Ctrl key and V on your keyboard or right click on the screen and choose Paste.
- Open QuickBooks while pressing down the Ctrl key, you will be guided to the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company by clicking on it. Head to the desktop, search for the company file you copied and then open it.
- If you are still getting the same QB Error Code -6000, -78, proceed to method 4.
Method 4: Turn Off UAC(User Account Control):
The computer system uses the User Account Control (UAC) for improving the security for all users. UAC protects your computer from unwanted access by malware, adware, viruses, and hackers etc.
An administrator can run most applications, components, and processes with a limited privilege but have the ability to elevate or increase the privilege for specific administrative related tasks and application functions. This added permission process also prevents malicious software from running unnoticed on your system.
While turning User Account Control off may be necessary when troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop issues, it is highly recommended that you turn it back on to prevent security risks on your computer.
Method 5: Use ADR to Restore Your Company File:
If your Company file is damaged, you can fix this issue by using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery for recovering lost data.
Get QuickBooks Support Services
Call our QuickBooks software support team at QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get free help regarding any errors related to QuickBooks. Free online QuickBooks Live Chat Support is also available here if you would like to chat with the QuickBooks Experts. Feel free to contact anytime as we are available for help 24×7.
Submit your review