We all know about the termination paycheck or final paycheck as every employer has to give the final paycheck to their employees. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the step to create a final paycheck for a terminated employee. For any assistance, you can contact to QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1800-210-5289.
Create A Final Paycheck For A Terminated Employee
Follow the below steps to create a final paycheck for a terminated employee:
- Open QuickBooks payroll software.
- Open the Payroll Center and then from the bottom of the click on the Pay Employees tab and under Other Activities click Create Termination Check.
- Next, Enter the Pay Period Ends and Check Date in the Enter Payroll Information window.
- From the Bank Account section make sure that the correct bank is selected.
- Put a check-mark next to the employees in order to pay a termination paycheck.
- Click on the Release Date column to select the employee release date.
- Next, select the right reasoning from the ROE code dropdown.
- Now enter the hours worked for
each terminated employee. Follow the below steps to preview it:
- Click on Employees name.
- Open Preview Paycheck window to
check paycheck details.
- If the worker uses Direct Deposit then mark this option. If you do not want the paycheck to be in Direct Deposit then clear or unmark it.
- If you don’t want to accrue vacation and sick on this particular paycheck then check the box to do not accrue sick or vac.
- Click on Save and Next to continue the process for the next employee or save and close to go back to the Enter payroll Info window.
- Press OK to go back to the Enter Hours screen.
- Click Continue.
- From theMake employees inactive window,click Make inactive to make the employee inactive or Active to keep the worker on the active worker list.
- From the Review and Create Paychecks window verify details. In order to make any change click on Employee Name.
- Click Create paychecks.
- Next, follow the instructions on the confirmation window.
If you want to pay the termination paycheck using Direct Deposit then you need to send the payroll to the Intuit by 5:00 PM, 2 banking days earlier to the check date.
Technical Assistance For Termination Paycheck
The above-mentioned steps will easily help you to create a termination paycheck. If at any step you need any assistance, then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-210-5289 where our experts will help with all the possible ways to fix the issue in quick time. Our Intuit QuickBooks Support Services are open round the clock throughout the year so that your work does not hamper.